First, The 3d Printed Castle – Next The 3d Printed House?
Check out the pictures below and see the 3d Printer pumping concrete in the video.
That is pretty cool stuff. It certainly has the potential to revolutionise how house building and construction is done.
Innovation In 3d Printing Is Coming Fast!
The initiative is the work of Andrey Rudenko of www.totalkustom.com. The next project for Andrey will be a full-scale medium sized house. The impact on future of building and construction is hard to predict. But the advantages seem clear to me and are as follows:
The ability to:
- Take a design from CAD (Computer Aided Design) to completion with no extra steps
- Create non-standard shapes and forms cost effectively
- Build hollow forms that are extremely strong
- Create energy efficient houses using air gaps
- Build with air conditioning and heating built into the walls etc
- Optimisation of material used vs strength thereby lowering costs
- Allow a new level of creativity for architects
The castle printing experiment was aimed at helping to perfect the 3d Printing concrete deposition methods. Andrey now believes he has now gained the information required to finalise his methodology to print a fully liveable house.